Top Reasons Why You Should Use a REALTOR
1. Pricing The most important step is pricing your house properly. If you charge too little, then you'll always wonder if you lost money on the deal. If your price is too high, you won't get consumers or other Realtors to see it. The longer it stays on the market, the more consumers might wonder what's wrong with it.
2. Understanding The Market You need to understand the Real Estate market, especially your own neighborhood. A Professional Licensed REALTOR® should have years of experience with laws, contracts, forms, and negotiations. Your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace, and the price, financing, terms, and condition of the competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price.
3. Availability You have to be willing to be available to show the house at different hours of the day to make sure everyone who may be interested in it will get to see it. If you hire a REALTOR®, they will schedule the appointments and show it on your behalf and you won't miss any showings.
4. Generating Traffic How can you generate traffic for your house and be able to get the word out about it? An experienced REALTOR® will not only list your home on MLS but will have other resources and marketing strategies for increased exposure for your house!
5. Criticism Can you be patient and understanding with criticism? You will need to be able to handle all different types of personalities and be able to keep your "cool" under pressure, even with non-qualified buyers. You need to have patience and the right temperament for criticism, questions, and repeat showings, and can you pre-approve a buyer? Remember that buyers are not looking to be your friend.
6. Answering Concerns Properly Can you be available to answer questions by phone, email, text, meet-ups and be sure you are answering them correctly? Buyers may not respect your time and want immediate answers to their concerns. By you answering any of their concerns in the wrong manner, you can squash the deal!
7. Will You Be Pushing Buyers Away? If you sell your house on your own, buyers will be looking for a deal from you. If a REALTOR® was listing your home, you can expect to get the highest, true market value for it. Some sellers may believe their home is worth more and will remove many potential buyers because it's not priced competitively.
8. Relocation Buyers If you don't use a REALTOR®, how are you going to attract out-of-state buyers? You might be eliminating a whole group of buyers that will never see your house because relocation buyers won't know about it.
9. Professional Networking A REALTOR® networks with other professionals in the industry, many of who can provide services that you may need. A REALTOR® can give you a list of references with whom they have worked and provide background information to help you make a wise selection, besides networking with other Realtors who will be showing your home.
10. Contracts Another important function of a REALTOR® is to make sure that all the paperwork is handled correctly. Do you want to get through all the stress of listing and selling your house or condo and then find out something that could have been avoided but is now a deal-breaker?
11. Closing Can you close the sale of your home without being overwhelmed? Your REALTOR® should be with you throughout the entire process and is the best person to objectively help you resolve any unforeseen issues.