Here are 10 Top Reasons Why You Should Hire a Professional REALTOR® and NOT Sell Your Home Without One!
1. Pricing - The most crucial step is pricing your house properly. If you charge too little, then you will always wonder if you
lost money on the deal. If your price is too high, you will not get consumers or other Realtors to see it. The longer it stays on the market, the more consumers might wonder what is wrong with it.
2. Understanding The Market -You need to understand the Real Estate market, especially your own neighborhood - A Professional Licensed REALTOR® should have years of experience with laws, contracts, forms, and negotiations. Your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace, and the price, financing, terms, and condition of the competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price.
3. Availability - You must be willing to be available to show the house at different hours of the day to make sure everyone
may be interested in it will get to see it. If you hire a REALTOR®, they will schedule the appointments and show it on your behalf, and you will not miss any showings.
4. Generating Traffic - How can you generate traffic for your house and be able to get the word out about it? An experienced REALTOR® will not only list your home on MLS but will have other resources and marketing strategies for increased exposure for your house!
5. Criticism - Can you be patient and understanding with criticism? You will need to be able to manage all diverse types of personalities and be able to keep your "cool" under pressure, even with non-qualified buyers. You need to have patience and the right temperament for criticism, questions, and repeat showings, and can you pre-approve a buyer? Remember that
buyers are not looking to be your friend.
6. Answering Concerns Properly - Can you be available to answer questions by phone, email, text, meet-ups and be sure you are answering them correctly? Buyers may not respect your time and want immediate answers to their concerns. By you
answering any of their concerns in the wrong manner, you can squash the deal!
7. Will You Be Pushing Buyers Away - If you sell your house on your own, buyers will be looking for a deal from you. If a REALTOR® was listing your home, you can expect to get the highest, true market value for it. Some sellers may believe their home is
worth more and will remove many potential buyers because it's not priced competitively.
8. Relocation Buyers - If you do not use a REALTOR®, how are you going to attract out-of-state buyers? You might be eliminating a whole group of buyers that will never see your house because relocation buyers will not know about it.
9. Professional Networking - Realtors network with other professionals in the industry, many who can provide services that you may need. Realtors can give you a list of references with whom they have worked and provide background information to help you make a wise selection, besides networking with other Realtors who will be showing your home.
10. Contracts - Another important function of a REALTOR® is to make sure that all the paperwork is managed correctly. Do you want to get through all the stress of listing and selling your house or condominium and then find out something that could have been
avoided but is now a deal-breaker?
11. Closing - Can you close the sale of your home without difficulty? Your realtor should be with you throughout the entire process and is the best person to objectively help you resolve any unforeseen issues.