Steps to Home Ownership
The steps to buying a home with Preferred Properties are quick, easy and simple.
- Take a look at the current listing in the Asheville area with our Preferred Properties Property Search. You'll find every home listed in the Asheville Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
- Contact a loan officer and get your mortgage pre-approved.
- Contact a Preferred Properties sales associate to begin searching for your home (and to list your current home if you plan on selling).
- Once you find the home you want to make an offer on, you'll sign and Offer to Purchase agreement and give the seller earnest money. If your offer is accepted, determine the closing date and have the house inspected to insure there are no serious problems with the property.
- Tell your loan officer that you've found a property so they can begin the appraisal and title process. And, don't forget to lock in your interest rate. Your loan officer will provide you with a good faith estimate which shows your monthly mortgage payment as well as the estimated cash you'll need for closing. The title insurance company will then notify you of the time and date you close and the items you'll need to bring to the closing.
- Contact the phone company, utilities, cable company, moving company post office, newspaper, magazines, friends and family and tell them when you'll be moving.
- Pack and move in to your new home.
Other helpful links: