Selling Your Home
- Contact a Preferred Properties agent to list your home (and search for a new one if you'll be buying in the area). He or she will be able to expertly assess its current value so your return will be optimized.
- Invest the time and money to fix and clean up your home to maximize property appeal. Refer to our Tips for Selling Home for details.
- Purchase a home warranty and have an inspection done right away. When your home does sell, the sale will most likely be subject to an inspection. If you have your home inspected and purchase a warranty up front you'll make a potential buyer feel confident and worry-free about buying your home.
- When you receive an offer to purchase on your home, work closely with your Preferred Properties agent to consider the terms of the offer and then your agent will negotiate with potential buyers. Once an offer is accepted, your agent will work with the buyer's real estate agent to bring the sale to a close.
- Contact the phone company, utilities, cable company, moving company post office, newspaper, magazines, friends and family and tell them when you'll be moving.
- Pack and move.
Other helpful links